Burger Boat Company, one of the oldest and most respected custom yacht builders in America, recently announced the launch of its newest Burger 48 Cruiser, Hull 512. The Burger 48 Cruiser is a specially built 48’ (14.63 m) aluminum cruiser developed in conjunction with Vripack Naval Architects from the Netherlands and features an interior from De Basto Designs.
The Burger 48 Cruiser is a return to Burger’s roots and an expansion of the high-quality offerings for which Burger is known. It has the quality finishes and artistically crafted details found on all of Burger’s custom yachts, while exceeding those found on production boats.
“This is the perfect opportunity for any yachting enthusiast and lover of adventure to acquire an exceptional alternative to a production boat,” says Jim Ruffolo, president, Burger Boat Company. “The Burger 48 Cruiser allows an owner to take the helm of their very own powerful, luxurious and sleek new yacht from which to build a lifetime of adventures.”
This yacht reflects Burger’s quality craftsmanship and attention to detail throughout. She is powered by twin 600hp Volvo Penta D8-IPS800 engines and provides her owner with joystick control for enhanced maneuverability. The Burger 48 Cruiser incorporates Vripack’s revolutionary patented Slide Hull® Design. This hull design provides a cruising speed of approximately 26 knots and a top speed of approximately 31 knots in comfort. Alustar® aluminum is used to provide increased strength and corrosion resistance without adding weight. The Burger 48 Cruiser features two ensuite staterooms with elegant and modern design touches from De Basto Designs. Its open salon/galley area provides unobstructed views and its exceptional exterior spaces provide great spaces for entertaining friends and family.
For more information on the new Burger 48 Cruiser, please visit www.BurgerBoat.com, or call +1 920-686-5117 to discuss the yacht or arrange a personal visit.
- Burger Care® provides Burger owners with 24/7 shipyard support of their new Burger. From cleaning and dockage, to oil changes and engine overhauls, a Burger Care representative is available to help owners continue to enjoy Limitless adventures.
- The Slide Hull® is a good motion damping hull shape. The vessel does not dive deep into the waves but “cushions” onto the water surface, reducing the pitching motion.
- The Slide Hull® reduces resistance and, therefore, reduces fuel consumption for a given speed. For example, at 27 knots, resistance is 14% less than a traditional planing hull.
- The Slide Hull® has a reduced running angle and incorporates interceptors so the Burger 48 Cruiser does not experience the typical planing hull bow rise as she gets up on a plane.
- The Slide Hull® handles weight changes with little effect on performance.
- The Slide Hull®’s voluminous fore body prevents broaching in a following sea. This fuller body also affords more use of that volume for her interior accommodations.
- The Alustar® aluminum is a special marine-grade alloy that provides improved structural properties and corrosion resistance. These features, combined with Burger’s construction techniques, use of properly certified welders and the latest paint systems provide the owner a yacht that is strong and easy to maintain.
- Burger offers a lifetime warranty on the hull structure.
- The joystick maneuvering and Volvo Penta’s Dynamic Positioning System (DPS) feature provides a design that is responsive allowing the owner to easily maneuver the yacht in tight spaces.
- Volvo Penta’s Clear Wake System directs the exhaust gases to an above water discharge while at idle.
- Volvo Penta’s interceptor system includes Volvo Penta’s auto trim, list and coordinated turn features. These features automatically correct the boat’s trim and list to optimize performance. The coordinated turn feature controls the list angle during turns for improved comfort. The system is programmed to the specific characteristics of the Burger 48 Cruiser.
- Burger has installed the Seakeeper 6 Gyro Stabilization system, which is designed to reduce up to 95% of the vessel’s roll.
- Burger has installed a Nautical Structures Hydraulic Swim Platform system. It allows the platform to be lowered into the water for ease of launching and retrieving the owner’s tender. It also provides a fun area for swimming and water sports. For ease of access to the platform when in its lowered position, a stair automatically folds out of the platform, thus eliminating the large drop between the transom stair and the lowered platform.
- Burger has incorporated a barbeque area in the transom, above the swim platform. With the tender launched, the owner simply opens an access cover in the transom to reveal a barbeque, sink and counter space. Below the grill surface is a larger transom storage garage and access to the ship’s power cord retriever and freshwater connection.
- The galley area includes a two-burner electric stove, a two drawer refrigerator/freezer, convection microwave oven and a dishwasher. Opposite the galley is a large u-shaped dining area.
- The helm is forward and features Volvo Penta’s Glass Bridge with two 17” screens and an adjustable helm seat.
- Electric opening windows are positioned forward to port and starboard, providing 11 square-feet per side of expansive openings to the outside and fresh air. An electric sunroof opens wide over the galley/helm area.
- Below decks are two staterooms. The full beam owner’s stateroom is aft and features a queen size berth, ensuite head with shower, storage and a private seating area. Large windows bring in plenty of natural light and, with its two opening portlights, allow the owner and guests to bring in fresh air.
- The guest cabin is forward and offers two berth configurations. A queen size berth or, by simply sliding the foot of the bed apart, the owner can configure the space for two single beds. This stateroom also features significant natural light and an ensuite head with shower.
The Burger 48 Cruiser also features the following:
- A Kohler 11 kW generator in sound enclosure
- Fuel oil purification system
- Teak decking on the exterior decks
- Glendenning cable retractor
- Two (2) underwater lights
- Vented washer/dryer combo unit
- Central vacuum
- Shower at swim platform
- Length overall: 48’-08”
- Beam: 15’-02”
- Draft: 4’-03”
- Construction: Alustar aluminum
- Main Engines: Volvo Penta D8-IPS800, 600hp
- Maximum Speed: Approximately 31 knots
- Cruise Speed: Approximately 26 knots
- Fuel Capacity: Approximately 580 U.S. gallons
- Fresh Water Capacity: Approximately 135 U.S. gallons
- Designer & Naval Architect: Vripack
- Interior Designer: De Basto Designs
- Certification: NMMA Certified using ABYC Standards